Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Technique Tuesday

Are you ready for another fun technique?  Have you heard of *Ghosting*?  Well, I saw this technique on Pinterest and just had to give it a try!  You can view the how-to video HERE .   Now, there might be another name for this technique but I liked it so I didn't search any further. :o)
 
 

The how-to video shows you this technique using background paper but I wanted to show another way, too. So, I came up with the beautiful tree card, using stamps instead.





For the Merry Christmas card I stamped a Christmas saying all the way down the Very Vanilla card stock for the background.  Then, I stamped the tree, from the Christmas Lodge stamp set, in Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  Then, I sponged in a swirling motion, Chocolate Chip ink over the whole thing, including the tree.  When you do that, it gets in the nook and crannies and gives it all of that wonderful detail.  The more ink you sponge/swirl on, the darker it gets and covers up the background words that were stamped. 

I glued that layer onto a layer of Chocolate Chip card stock then added the bow.  Then, added Dimensionals to that layer and placed it on a Crumb Cake card base.  I stamped the Merry Christmas from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock.  Poked a teeny tiny hole :o) with the paper piercer and ran linen thread through it and tied it to the bow.  I just had to add some bling with some pearls!




For the Christmas Cheer card I started with 3 pieces of Bashful Blue Designer Series Paper with the polka dots cut at 1 3/8" x 3 1/4".  I stamped the new single Bold Snowflake randomly in Versamark on the designer paper then again, heat embossed in clear embossing powder.  FYI:  when you're stamping, it's hard to see where you've already stamped, so if you have a good memory, great!  If you're like me, you might have to keep checking so you're not stamping in the same places.

Then, I sponged Marina Mist ink in a swirling motion, again all over the paper and snowflake images.  Then, I glued them on to Marina Mist strips and popped them up on Dimensionals and placed them on a Bashful Blue card base.  I added the sentiment from the Sweet Essentials stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink and added a twine bow.

Now, I hope you have fun with this technique!  I look forward to using it again in the near future!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...